Sunday, September 21, 2008

IL: Bienvenido a Peru!

August 8, 2008

I left before the sun rose to begin my new adventure as a traveling physical therapist. With my car packed to the brim, Brewster, Bart and myself set out to drive the 8 and a half hours from Fairview, PA to Peru, Illinois. The boys did good in the car. Bart was a little restless at times and took a nice chunk out of my finger but Brewster was great and slept the entire time. Brewster was VERY happy to be in a different cage than Bart too. I got into Peru early afternoon.


The new place was not what I expected--the 1970s carpet odor and stench of stale cigarettes permeated the air. At least that was the entrance. The apartment is a spacious 2 bedroom that needed a little TLC. After unloading, I decided to head to the familiar locations of Target and Wal-Mart. I picked up a lot of cleaning supplies. Most of Saturday was spent scrubbing and cleaning. It was very exhausting. I managed to do some laundry at the local laundromat as well. It has been quite a few years since I've been to a laundromat, but I guess I may have to get used to that with the life of a nomad.

Here are a few pictures of my place...